Friday, January 8, 2010

Two Seaside Babes Friday Finds

Yes, I have a sewing machine. No, I don't know how to sew. Yes, I wish I knew how to sew well enough to buy this small satchel PDF pattern from keykalou on Etsy. Yes, for $8, I'm still quite confident that my satchel would end up looking like an avocado. No, I'm sure that's not the look she was going for. Who doesn't have a ton of candy canes left after after this holiday season? What to do with them when your sweet tooth is no longer craving peppermint? Show the one you love just how much you love them on Valentine's Day! How appropriate is this cute photo from levansphotography on Etsy for just that? For $20, you sure won't break the bank by giving them this wonderful gift on that special day. And unlike candy canes, this is one sweet gift you'll be glad to have stick around.


I'm all about cuteness. And I'm all about doing it in a clean and organized manner (yes, I'm a little compulsive...I know this...I've accepted this). FrayBabyBibsandMore on Etsy must have had me in mind when she created this ingenious and uber cute garden of hair bows to display/organize your babe's hair bows. For $25, this is a must-have for mothers looking to save their sanity amongst the clutter that children provide us.

I had the wonderful pleasure of meeting Anita of refindoriginals on Etsy. Pictures do not do her amazing work justice...trust me, I've seen them in person. Her use of recycled and reclaimed leather is utterly mind-blowing. This leather cuff, for ony $36, is not only a great use of the scraps leftover from making her bags, but it also a gorgeous accessory that I would wear with almost any outfit.



I'm all about cuteness (and obviously repetitiveness). I love fun, funky, and pink. Who would have ever thought, coming from the girl who never owned anything other than black from many, Many, MANY years. Now I have two little girls and I have every single excuse to buy every single thing pink I can possibly get my hands on. This recycled Tshirt sphere pillow in hot pink ($75) by talkingsquid on Etsy is definitely something that I would snag my hands on for my girls. Hmmmm...I wonder if they can be made in black....



3 comments:

Liz said...

Thanks for including my hair bow garden in your Friday finds! And I love that sphere pillow - too cool! ;)

laura evans/photography said...

what a wonderful selection chica! & thanks for including my photo.

keykalou said...

Love that sphere pillow! It is very neat. The candy cane photo is great too.

Thanks for including my pattern. When you are ready to put that machine to work, come see me and I'll help you get off to a good start with sewing.