Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Professional Photos done by Suymey Benson

For some time now I've known that I wanted to take Two Seaside Babes in a much more professional direction. I already devote a majority of my time to crocheting the actual products and trying to create new items not yet listed in my shop. I'm blogging, twittering, keeping up with Facebook and MySpace, among dozens of other things. The one thing I really truly struggle with in maintaining a professional feel is my photographs.

I'm a photographer by no means at all. I'm horrible. I'll admit it. I know nothing about lighting and focus., about capturing my subject. I feel that it shows in my product pictures and I despise how unprofessional I feel that it makes Two Seaside Babes look. So I could not have been more surprised to have Suymey Benson of Blossom Portraiture Art contact me to photograph my products. I'm familiar with Suymey and her work so I was elated to jump at the chance.

I sent her a goodie box filled with Buckle Beanies galore and a custom child's beaded necklace to boot. What I got in return was absolutely priceless. Suymey's work is stunning and her attention to each and every detail is evident in her beautiful photos. A wonderfully kind, hard working, and very dedicated woman, her personalized work has helped to put that "professional" stamp upon Two Seaside Babes and I am utterly grateful. It is my utmost pleasure to have her work grace the shop of Two Seaside Babes.


Please feel free to check out Suymey's work at www.blossomportraitureart.com to see first-hand the quality of work that Blossom Portraiture Art produces with heart and soul.

Photography done by Blossom Portraiture Art by Suymey Benson - www.blossomportraitureart.com
All designs are copyrighted by Two Seaside Babes. Photos are copyrighted by Suymey Benson. Please do not copy or use without permission.



8 comments:

glassidentities said...

Beautiful.. they look just great.

Cutesie Clips said...

Those pics are amazing! I hope they do wonders for your shop :)

DunkDesigns said...

Love the pictures - look like they are straight from a catalog or magazine. Great stuff!

Deb Dunk of
dunkdesigns.blogspot.com

Sue Runyon said...

The photos rock! The products too. Best of luck.

Sue

Liz - FrayBabyBabyandMore said...

Love all the pictures - they are fantastic!!

<3 Loo Hoo <3 said...

Great photos

<3 Loo Hoo <3 said...

<3 Loo Hoo <3 said...
I just started following you on twitter and really like your blog. We have very similar interests. I recently started making headbands for my daughter. She is a baldy and got to big for the newborn ones. I got a ton of interest in them locally. Friends, fam, perfect strangers all started coming up to me asking to by them. I'm getting a booth at the farmer's market next week. I'm excited and nervous.

I was thinking of doing an etsy store, but like you said in one of your posts it's saturated w/ baby hair stuff and listings go up so often I'm worried mine would get pushed back to quickly. I started a yahoo business site also. I didn't do the merchant one because it was way more expensive. It's taking forever to try to set it up like a merchant site when it's not tho. I'm just going to put a link to pay pal and have them email what they would like for now.

I also really want to learn to crochet. I'm going to start going to a crochet club through my community college soon.

So before this comment turns into a novel I wanted to ask you where you get your flowers. They look like they are good quality.

The Little Jewelry Box said...

WOW! would love to add one another as followers/link exchange! let me know if you would like to:) keep up the great work! it is neat to see how others do their etsy stores...i am learning so much!