Monday, April 20, 2009

Two Seaside Babes Has a .Com

I'm very pleased to announce that Two Seaside Babes now has their very own .com! It has been on my to-do list for quite some time now and I finally broke down and purchased the Two Seaside Babes domain a few days ago. In addition to the domain I've also created our webpage which explains more about who we are, our products, our shop policies, and the ways that we can be contacted.




While it is still clearly a major work in progress (I still have to add a number of products and include more of our contact information), but I am more than pleased with how it is set up. It took me the better part of a full day to figure out how to setup everything on Yahoo's Small Business SiteBuilder. Originally, I started with one of their basic templates, but I was not satisfied with anything they had, so I created my own. Even after spending a number of hours using my original Etsy banner and some other photos, I was not satisfied with the look of the page. So really what is present now was really my second attempt (and I'm sure as I become more proficient with it, there will be many, many more attempts).


My product page is my favorite. Since I'm unsure of the traffic that will be directed to my store, I was extremely hesitant about upping my account to include a market (the ability to sell my products directly through my store). So currently I have (will have) a picture of all the items currently listed in my store. A viewer simply needs to click on the picture or "View Listing" button to be taken directly to the listing in my Etsy store! While it is a very lengthy and time-consuming process, I feel as though all of the hard work is completely worth it. I only have my infant and adult hats left to list right now.

And lastly, I'm working on a "Contact Us" page which will hold the basic information about how Two Seaside Babes can be contacted. Also included is our additonal sites like Etsy, 1000 Markets, Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and of course Blogspot (I'm sure I'm forgetting some)!

So please feel free to check us out at: http://www.twoseasidebabes.com/

3 comments:

Jazzy Jemz said...

Congrats on your dot.com! Looks fabulous!

<3 Loo Hoo <3 said...

I just started following you on twitter and really like your blog. We have very similar interests. I recently started making headbands for my daughter. She is a baldy and got to big for the newborn ones. I got a ton of interest in them locally. Friends, fam, perfect strangers all started coming up to me asking to by them. I'm getting a booth at the farmer's market next week. I'm excited and nervous.

I was thinking of doing an etsy store, but like you said in one of your posts it's saturated w/ baby hair stuff and listings go up so often I'm worried mine would get pushed back to quickly. I started a yahoo business site also. I didn't do the merchant one because it was way more expensive. It's taking forever to try to set it up like a merchant site when it's not tho. I'm just going to put a link to pay pal and have them email what they would like for now.

I also really want to learn to crochet. I'm going to start going to a crochet club through my community college soon.

So before this comment turns into a novel I wanted to ask you where you get your flowers. They look like they are good quality.

<3 Loo Hoo <3 said...

p