Wednesday, January 21, 2009

New Product Packing for Two Seaside Babes








While I have always been more than satisfied with the products I sell, I have never been fully satisfied with the way that they are presented to my customers when they first open their packages. I've been toying with the idea for quite some time about adding tags to my products, not only to make them look more professional, but to market my store name. I found it more than aggravating to attempt to find sellers who were willing to work with me on what I wanted, so I took it upon myself to try my hand at it.

I'll be the first person to admit that I'm fairly inept when it comes to computer graphics. So I was pleasantly surprised with what I actually came up with. And when I put it all together, I was ecstatic, feeling at though I've made some big leap into becoming a real and official business. Although, I'm slightly unsure of my hat tags, I am still positive that I would like to continue with the route of a tie-on tag as opposed to a sewn-in tag. I know lots of customers that simply won't buy something just because it has a tag sewn into it (sensitive skin and all). I think my apprehension lies in wanting a thicker tag. We'll see as time passes where that takes me.

Also, I love my bag toppers right now. While it took me a long time to get the measurements just right, I could not be more pleased. I think adding a topper to the bag creates a finished look. Each bag topper includes directions on the back for care of the product purchased.

Both my tags and bag toppers include my store name, tag line, and both my Etsy and 1000 Markets store web addresses. The background is something that I've tried to stay consistent with, a very faint photo of Haystack Rock. I love it so much it's on my business card too. I love the consistency of my new packaging and I feel like it helps to pull all my products together. I think my customers will be more satisfied too, and that is what I truly aim to do. I hope I have achieved that goal.

7 comments:

Beth said...

They look awesome! What a nice leap forward for your biz.

sassypackrat said...

I think you did a very nice job. Everything is consistent and uncluttered and best of all you'll never have to wait for a re-order, just print what you need.

Brenda said...

Kudos. You didn't let the obstacle overcome you.

terryann said...

nice tags...

Cams said...

I love the professional look! Yeah!

Robin@creations-anew.com said...

Your packaging looks great! Everything ties is together nicely!
Robin
CreationsAnew

glassidentities said...

I think they look beautiful .. great job :)