I've finally completed my crocheted afghan that I will be donating to the Victory Junction Gang Camp. While is is nothing super spectacular, nor was it exceedingly difficult to make, I am quite proud of it. I'm so happy to think of the smile that this might bring to the face of a child attending the camp. It will be mailed off tomorrow.
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Sunday, September 14, 2008
I started to whip-stitch them together. I had 12 all done and realized that I was not liking the way that it looked. While this method would have allowed me to finish much sooner, I was not happy with it. And I most certainly would not have been happy to have a child receive it like that. So I ripped it all apart.
I decided it was best to crochet a single stitch around the entire outside edge of each square. However, this added a half inch to the height and width, thus making the full dimensions of the blankie too large for the sizes that VJCG would like. So I had to alter my pattern. Good news, now I extra squares left! That means less to make on my next blankie.
I've already gotten 12 squares done with the trim around the outside. I have another 30 to go before I can finally stitch it back together. I'm hoping to finally be finished and be able to ship it to the camp by next weekend!