Friday, June 27, 2008

Not Your Granny's Afghan



I found one day that I had a preponderantly large amount of yarn in the house. You see, I hoard yarn like some might hoard water in anticipation of an oncoming hurricane. I keep every small scrap of yarn left from all the projects completed. I never throw any out. Why? you ask. I can make something out of it (the creed of any true crafter). And indeed, I finally managed to conjure something to make out of all those little scraps.

I made a 35" x 57" lap quilt, or as my fellow Etsy seller Moosethreads likes to call them, lap-ghans. It is crocheted of 600 (yes, I counted) single-round granny squares. Each granny square is crocheted with a round of ecru yarn to tie it all together. I am quite pleased with how it turned out, if I must say so myself.

My only problem...I'm not sure what to list it for. I have a price in mind, but I'm not sure if I would be charging too much, or undercutting myself. Take a look and give me a gander on what you think I might list it for in my Etsy store. Thanks everyone.



2 comments:

Sygnet Creations said...

oh I hate pricing. Put rule of thumb is to take how much time you put into it, how much for supplies, and then make sure you double.

It is very pretty indeed!!

MayRae said...

Wow! I did a blanket like that recently, it was only 35x35 or so and THAT took a lot of work! Can only imagine sewing all those little squares together. It is gorgeous though.